An unexpected pregnancy can be a nightmare. If one is looking for safer ways to terminate the pregnancy then medical abortion is the best option. MTP kit online is one of the popular abortion pills online have grown familiar because of easy usage, positive result, and fewer side effects. While many fear about using MTP kit, this article will provide an outline on how to use MTP Kit safely, without any fear.
MTP Kit Composition
The MTP kit is a medical abortion option. It consists of two different drugs, each meant for a specific purpose. The MTP Kit consists of 5 tablets - 1 tablet of Mifepristone and 4 tablets of Misoprostol.
During pregnancy, progesterone hormones help in continuing the pregnancy. Mifepristone is the synthetic version of anti-progesterone hormones and this medicine reduces progesterone hormones in the body. While Misoprostol works as prostaglandin analog which helps in uterine wall contractions.
Who is eligible to take MTP KIT?
A woman with pregnancy less than 9 weeks is eligible to take an MTP kit for abortion. MTP kit is not advisable for pregnancy beyond 9 weeks. Here are the cases, when the patient should not opt for MTP Kit for abortion. Under these circumstances, using the medical abortion process will not terminate the pregnancy and can furthermore complicate future pregnancy.
- The patient should not be allergic to mifepristone or misoprostol or other progestins.
- Pregnancy should not be ectopic, as this type of pregnancy will not be terminated with MTP Kit.
- Patients with medical complications like undiagnosed abdominal growth or chronic adrenal failure are advised not to take MTP Kit.
- Patients having bleeding issues or blood disorder, shouldn't take MTP kit.
- Women having an intrauterine birth control device (IUD) complicate the abortion process.
How to take MTP Kit?
If the patient is less than 9 weeks pregnant and doesn't have any health issues or medical conditions as stated above, one can consult the doctor and take up MTP Kit.
1st Step: The patient must take the first medicine, 1 tablet of mifepristone orally. This is a single dosage. The patient must wait for 24-48 hours before taking the next medicine.
2nd Step: After 24-48 hours, the patient must put 4 tablets of Misoprostol into the vagina. Wait for the medicine to dissolve in the vagina. Within 2 hours, the patient starts bleeding. Heavy bleeding continues for 2-3 hours, after which it gradually decreases. Mostly the bleeding stays for 7-12 days.
3rd Step: After 14 days, the patient must visit a doctor for confirmation of abortion. A blood test or ultrasound test would confirm the pregnancy termination.
When to visit a doctor?
Abortion is a tough phase and following the instructions will assure a successful termination. If a patient gets the following symptoms, the patient must visit the doctor immediately:
- In case of allergic reactions, like rashes, swollen face, breathing difficulties.
- Heavy bleeding for more than 9 hours. The flow doesn't decrease and only increases with time.
- The patient has more than 101 degrees Fahrenheit fever.
- Unbearable abdominal pain and tenderness.
Is MTP Kit safe?
MTP kit is secure and results in 98% successful pregnancy termination, however, a confirmation from the doctor is necessary. If one plans for abortion, it is advised to visit a doctor and then plan to take MTP Kit under medical guidance.